I don't know about the Mantaray horns with 901 series drivers. But I don't think the EV tweeter is going to help enough. They'll help some with treble but I wouldn't do it. Yes, changing the 807 diaphragm to all aluminum will help your highs a lot; especially if you have CD horn compensation. You say your crossover don't have it but you can make your own easy and cheap. The 802 will give you way better high frequency extension than 806/807. One thing I've learned about Altecs is that they work best as 2 way. It's hard to integrate another (second) tweeter for the highs that the normal setup won't do. Some people say they have went 3 way with Altecs and made it work. But most I've read about and tried myself just don't sound right. Seems to suck the Altec magic out of the picture. Sure it adds crispy highs but leaves something to be desired.





Bookmarks